Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sunday Night Concert




So I'm going to back track a little. But I have good reason. On Sunday after the concert my emotions were just a little too involved, so I had to mellow out for a few days. Our little Families Supporting Adoption chapter here in town asked Michael McLean to do a concert for us to celebrate national adoption month. We've been planning this for months and it came together this past Sunday evening. Prior to the concert we had a reception for some birthmothers in the area that have placed children in the past. Brother McLean was really personable and seemed genuinely interested as he conversed with the birthmothers and their families. After the reception, we went over to the Tabernacle which you can see was filled to capacity and then some. Brother McLean was very engaging and entertaining. He told some of the stories behind the songs that he has written about adoption. Especially touching were the songs "Something Perfect" and "Hardest for Me." Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to those, but here is "From God's Arms, To My Arms, To Yours."

From Gods Arms to My Arms to - Micheal Mclean

2 comments:

*MARY* said...

What an amazing experience, I remember kind of meeting him when I was in the choir for The Garden and he came to St. George to host it.

Unknown said...

Love that song. Definately a God send for many birth mothers. I can only imagine the emotions. He's a very powerful speaker and knows how to relate to so many kinds of people---what a gift.
On a different note---is it true you call Garrison G-man? Just wondering---heard it through the grapevine!