Thursday, February 5, 2009

Will it ever end?

Another sick day. I thought my lack of of a clean home had built up G's immunity sufficiently, but apparently I was wrong. We even stayed home from church on Sunday, partially because I didn't feel well and partially because I didn't want to get G sick again. It didn't work.
We went to my parents house for the Superbowl. G was really unhappy, so my mom and I took him for a short walk in her neighborhood. He continued to be unhappy, but he did walk about 90% of the way himself, yay! That night I found out why he was so unhappy when he puked at 4 am. So monday we just snuggled all day together as he tried to feel better. Tuesday and wednesday were better. I even took G to the park where we played with his friend and his mom and I took them on a stroller ride. Yesterday I thought things were really looking up and he was feeling better. No puking, no squirts. Until last night. He started it up again. Poor kid. How are you supposed to continue to learn and grow when your food doesn't stay down? It has to get better some day.
In the meantime, here are some of his latest discoveries:

1. Mom comes quickly when I start banging the crib against the wall in the morning.
2. There's a hole in the middle of my face that just fits my finger
3. The slides aren't as scary as they used to be- still scary, just not AS scary.
4. I can get down the stairs if I slide on my belly.
5. I like to clap my hands and celebrate.
6. If i don't feel good, I get to keep my binky all day.

Sorry, no pics this time. Maybe when we feel better and I finish our adoption paperwork. Soon, hopefully soon.

BTW, Jared is feeling good and he is beautiful again. Surgery was not as bad as they said it would be. He has no time any more, though, since he is now the EQ president at church. He's been working really hard at getting callings filled and home teaching assignments done.

3 comments:

Johnston Zoo said...

Congrats Jared, you will do an awesome job. I glad that your beauty is back. I sorry to hear about G-man. There is nothing worse than a pucking baby. Can't wait to see you guys in July at the campout. Hang in there.
Kathie

Sheila said...

I heard that the stomach flus are really bad this winter. And I guess G found out the hard way. Poor baby! I love the update on all the cool things he is learning to do.

Heidi said...

I hope your little guy is feeling better. I hate the stomach flu, really a lot!! Congratulations on the new calling! You guys are just too good! We sure miss you. PS I'm glad the surgery went well!