
While I was posting that last one, I got a call from Jared as he was driving himself to the emergency room. He apparently had an accident while playing basketball at the church and broke his face. Can I tell you how much I like church ball? About as much as I love ER visits. Well, he now has a broken zygomatic arch on the left side of his face and he has about a ping pong sized divot behind his cheek bone. We saw an ENT doc yesterday who is going to do surgery on tuesday to make him beautiful again. Jared says he's not in too much pain now, but the doc says it will be worse after surgery. He's really excited about the liquid diet, since it's kind of hard to chew right now, but it will be worse later. Thank goodness he has those free smoothies for a year!





9 comments:
Church Ball is scary with the YM AND the older men. Have you SEEN the movie Church Ball? Very accurate!
I broke that bone in a car accident back in college. Bummer.
Ouch! Smoothies and soup. He'll be tired of both!
WOW! I don't know what to say, but WOW!
Apparently he needs to switch to 'Baptist Ball' as Jordan calls it. My kids play it out here - check out www.upward.org
oops - forgot to finish my comment - good wishes to the Big J and I hope he mends quick!!
Hey if there making Jared beautiful again, shouldn't they work on his other cheek to? J/K jared, good luck with surgery! Oh and way to sacrifice your body for the ball!
-jason
Anytime you get men & that much testosterone together, someone is bound to get hurt. I hope he feels better, and his cheek is better than ever!
Shem and I can't wait to hear the whole story in your own words...after the surgery since it probably will feel even more awesome to talk! Hope things went well and recovery is quick.
Post a Comment