Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How to offend people

For those of you that know me, you know I like to offend people- A LOT.  If I've never offended you, lucky you, but that doesn't mean I may not try in the future.  Seriously, it runs in my family.  My dad, bless his heart, rarely thinks before he speaks and regularly says hurtful things to everyone around him.  In fact, a good day growing up was when I didn't hear a comment about my weight or my acne.  Not just from my dad, but also my mom.  Even the days when they said my skin looked great (rarely), I knew it wasn't a compliment but more of a bewildered question (i.e. Your skin looks great!  What did you do differently?  Did you actually wash your face?).  No, tact was not necessarily taught well in our home.  But I don't TRY to offend people, it just comes out that way.  Like today.  I finally posted to the FSA blog only to find out that the people I wrote about were not the couple that actually shared their adoption experience.  I had written the wrong names down in my notes.  Maybe someone else should be writing that blog..... Anyone? Please?

1 comment:

~ m said...

Too funny. I like it when you offend people, it makes me feel better about my big mouth. . . and it keeps me entertained too!