


What a fun weekend! Garrison got to experience his first family camping trip. We met up with families from our old ward in Salt Lake at Capitol Reef National Park. Everyone from Salt Lake was whining about ow hot it was, but since it was only in the 90's, it felt pretty great to us. We had never been to Capitol Reef and were pleased to find a little oasis in the middle of scenic red rock. I guess the early pioneers planted an orchard there, so we were able to have warm mulberry pie one morning and mulberry cobbler on

saturday evening. OOOH, it was so yummy. Garrison got right into the camping spirit while we set up the tent on thursday by tasting the local dirt. He enjoyed hiking on Dad's back- up to a point. He'd be really good for about an hour and a half and then he let us know in no uncertain terms that he was done. Unfortunately we still had a ways to go to get back to the car when that happened. He also waded in the river next to the campsite with us, but the water was really cold, which he didn't like so much. All in all we had a great time. Garrison slept just as well outdoors as he does at home and it was so great to see our friends from the old ward. I'm ready to go again- so anyone want to go camping this summer?
2 comments:
I finally got a chance to come and check your website out. Its awesome. I love all the pictures! I think its great that you can leave comments as well. I must have given you the wrong email when I was there. Sorry. It is mizz_brown_eyez84606@yahoo.com, i check it everyday, so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Take care. Love you all. Kiss Garrison for me.
<3 michaelene
Sounds like a fun trip...I love camping! By the way, do you love your bumbo seat? (I am assuming that is what Garrison was sitting in) I am looking into buying one and wonder how you like it. See ya later!
Kim P.
Post a Comment